A message from Ron Vincent, candidate for U.S. Congress, Mississippi's 4th Congressional District:
The situation that we have in south Mississippi is typical of what we are facing across the country. For more than twenty years we had a congressional representative that represented the party and not the people. With Steven Palazzo the situation has gotten worse and not better.
- Steven voted for the continuing resolutions to maintain spending levels. He voted twice to raise the debt ceiling.
- He voted for the Defense Authorization act. He voted to extend the Patriot Act. He voted for the ‘Super Committee’. He did this in the face of wide spread opposition from his constituents.
- In spite of promising not to do it, he voted for the budget knowing that it would fund Planned Parenthood. The people in south Mississippi are strongly opposed to Federal funding for abortion.
- He ran on a platform to “Fire Nancy Pelosi”, but votes more like Nancy Pelosi than a conservative congressman. (Now we need to Fire Steven Palazzo!)
- On many issues even Bennie Thompson has a better voting record than Steven Palazzo. The people of Mississippi deserve better.
Further, Palazzo had been an embarrassment to Mississippi due to the mistakes and missteps he has made since taking office.
He continues to have problems with turnover of his staffers.
- The weekend of the Navy - Southern Miss football game, his staffers rented an apartment in Maryland, in his name. The resulting wild melee required the intervention of the police. The place was so badly trashed that the security deposit was forfeited.
- He continues to have ethics problems with ownership of his CPA Firm. He abused his congressional staff, using them for babysitting and other personal jobs; another ethics violation. All of this received wide spread coverage in the news media, both in Washington D.C. and in Mississippi.
It is exactly this kind of politics and legislative malfeasance that have bought our country to the verge of collapse. This has to be stopped and reversed! This cannot continue. Even the people in congress admit that this is not sustainable, but they continue the policies that have caused the problems oblivious to the hardship and suffering they are causing. This is precisely what happens when we let the Republican Party choose our elected representatives. If you put clowns in charge, you should not be surprised when a circus breaks out.
In the 4th District, we have an opportunity to do something about it.
Palazzo is running for re-election and will have the solid backing of the powers that be in the MS GOP. As a result of his toeing the party line, he is well funded and will not be defeated easily. That is why I need your help!
We have a chance to strike a blow against the liberal/progressive cancer that has been eating away at our Republic since Woodrow Wilson. We can do this by electing real Christian conservatives like me to go to congress and add our voice to those like Michelle Bachmann, Jason Chaffetz, Allen West, Paul Ryan and a precious few others who are trying to hold back the on rushing tide of socialism and irresponsible spending, that is destroying our great Nation.
Please help me any way you can.
Thanks for your attention. I hope you all have a happy and prosperous 2013 and may God continue to bless our great Nation.
Candidate for U.S. Congress
Mississippi's 4th District
Donate to Ron Vincent for Congress and put a conservative in office that represents the voters of Mississippi's 4th District.
“I pledge my unwavering commitment to represent all citizens of South Mississippi and to uphold the Constitution. I will act with integrity and abide by conservative Christian principles that build strong families and make a strong Nation.” - Ron Vincent, Candidate for U.S. Congress (MS-04)
A message for Democrats:
My pledge to be ‘GREEN’
OK, OK, Al Gore has finally convinced me, I am going green. Here is my solemn pledge:
I, Ron Vincent do hereby pledge that in order to preserve the great planet Earth, I will voluntarily maintain my energy consumption both in heating and cooling my home and in fuel when I travel, to be less than Al Gore’s.
(s) Ron Vincent November 10th 2008